So she is bound and determined to be completely different from her brothers. First it was the placenta; initially too low on the uterine wall. Now that has resolved itself she has decided to develop some kind of arrhythmia. The doctor isn't worried in the slightest, so I guess I shouldn't either. Of coarse that's wishful thinking.
Dr. Stancile is the kind of doctor who could tell you that your dog died and you would fine with it. So at today's appointment when the Doppler picked up an irregular heart beat he immediately explained that it isn't uncommon for baby to have an arrhythmia in the womb. He went on to explain that when she takes her first breath that the extra oxygen should clear it right up. I have to assume that he has deliver and seen so many babies that it is very routine. Therefore the first few hours I felt sure that it wasn't anything to worry about. Then...
I did what every patient shouldn't do but does anyway... looked on the internet. Really I was just looking for doctor/scientific information to explain what was going on but other mothers comments are so much easier to find.
I guess their comments didn't worry me any more but left me questioning why my doctor wasn't sending me to check up on the arrhythmia at another appointment. Though now that I am seeing him every two weeks I guess that in itself is checking up on it.
Like I said doctor's not worried so I guess it's just her being different. It could go anyway before birth and the only time to do any more thinking on it is if she still has it after birth. In that case there will be pediatricians there when she is born so they will be aware of it and know what to expect.



The pictures are awesome. She already looks like me. ha ha Alright she looks like you which you looked like me when you were a baby, so there......she looks like me. ha ha ha
ReplyDelete