Friday, December 24, 2010

Any Day

Christmas was amazing. I am beginning to wonder, though, if the kids are ever going to wake up at the crack of dawn to see what they got from Santa. It was around 8:00am when I finally looked at Jeremiah and asked if we should wake the kids up. For Christmas we had gotten each of the grandparents a web camera so that they could be a part of the big day. It worked well and the kids loved showing Grandma their new toys as they got them. After presents were unwrapped it was time to get dinner started. We had another couple with their girls both right around Micah and Jaydon's, and two other guys over for eats and enjoyment. With both Turkey and Ham and all the trimmings there was plenty of food, however, I don't think I have seen fewer leftovers.
After dinner the kids really made themselves scarce. Between the movies that we put on and the new toys they played well with each other all night long. Mean while we played games. Jeremiah got out Dominoes and we played some game that I'm sure Jeremiah made up. Uno was next. Brady Lantz, had brought that with him. The first game went by at normal speed, but the next game was epic. I swear some hour later finally Ronnie Shiverdecker went out of cards. It was a great ending to a wonderful day. Zach hung a round and he and Jeremiah played our new 007 game until about 2:00am. I called it a night a little earlier.
The day after Christmas was all about recovery. New movies and lying around on the couch. I think I sneaked in three cat naps over the course of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment