Wednesday, September 1, 2010

IT"S A GIRL

At my last Dr. appointment I finagled an early ultrasound out of my Doctor. I really wanted to go to Colorado with the news of weather it was a boy or that long awaited girl. As the big day got closer I found myself getting more and more nervous about the out come of the ultrasound. Ironically while I was incresingly nervous I was also more accepting of the fact that I probably had another little boy tucked away inside of me. Getting to the ultrasound was quit the ordeal considering that we were hitting the highway out of town directly afterward. Then there is the matter of finding the right forth floor in the UNMC, great hospital but it can sure be a maze. Finally ultrasound time and of course she has to check out all the hands feet and surroundings before we get to the big news. Minute by minute I got more nervous I'm not even sure why. And then the moment...

"IT"S A GIRL!!"

I could hardly believe my eyes when low and behold there was, nothing. No balls no penis nothing except three little lines. Three little beautiful lines. In sock and awe I barely was there the rest of the ultrasound. Even when both the Technician and Doctor showed concern for the distance between my cervix and placenta. I guess the distance should be greater than 2.5-3 centimeters and mine was more like 2.3. I was too busy looking on the bright side; in nine weeks I get to see her again. If it doesn't increase in distance it will be something to watch for and I may have to take the last few months of the pregnancy a little easier. Really the worst case scenario is that I'll have to have a C section. Yeah that kinda sucks but at least I'll have my girl.

It took about three full days and telling everyone we met on our trip for the news to set in. All I keep thinking about now is that she is so screwed. With two older brothers and the worlds best dad watching over her shoulder she may have to date in secret. haha. That and that she will inevitably be a tom-girl chasing after her brothers. Although maybe she be the little princess convincing her brothers to do everything for her. Who knows. The only for sure thing is that she is going to have plenty of love and cloths.


4 comments:

  1. Okay, so the beer was good. I hope you feel better. I had one for you and one for me. Remember you are a good mother! Relax, and enjoy the screaming kids, and the disarray of house chores. I miss it, .... never thought I would... but I do. I bought a little outfit today. Hope my closet doesn't get to full. I can't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Alexis. The cloths will be "ALOT"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alot of what? I already bought those

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many closets do you have? Do I need to keep some here in my closet?

    ReplyDelete