Tuesday, June 29, 2010

One, two, three...

July 2005 Micah was born. After being an only child I knew before he was conceived that he was not going to be an only child, so 33 months later, in April 2008, Jaydon was born. For about a year and a half I was certain we were done with having kids but as Jaydon got closer to two I began to re-evaluate that decision. I had been so sure after having Jaydon that we were done that I had already began getting rid of baby clothes and essentials. It just didn't seem right, it was that something was necessarily missing but I couldn't fight the overwhelming sense to try one last time for a girl. Jeremiah and I had talked adoption, what better way then to ensure a girl right, but there is something unexplainably special about having my own genetic likeness. I didn't have to convince Jeremiah into having another baby as much as I had to convince myself that I would be okay with having another boy. The image that finally sold me was that of myself surrounded by my, potentially, four boys in about 13 years (thats including Jeremiah). Not too bad of image.

So here I am 11 weeks into my pregnancy, slightly apprehensive as I come to terms with the change from two to three kids. It has been an entirely different pregnancy so far, I keeping hoping that means something different (gender wise). Jeremiah is either convinced that it is a girl or is very good at boosting my hopes, I am not knocking it either way. Third times a charm right? It won't be until September that we find out if we should plan for a little princess. I mean there is no way around it with two older brothers and Jeremiah my "little girl" will inevitably become a little princess.

Well fingers crossed, if for nothing else than another healthy baby.

think pink

No comments:

Post a Comment